Beyond Efficiency is on the lookout for talented stars in the green building industry to help complement and grow our services. If you resonate with our mission to empower clients to create enduring human-centered buildings and are intrigued about the possibilities of working with us, please submit the form to the left. Following are current open positions although we always welcome submissions from engineering-minded people who are able to juggle a wide range of responsibilities requiring keen insight, initiative and creativity.
Seeking licensed mechanical engineer with 10+ years post-academic work experience to join our team in a leadership position to help develop and lead commissioning (Cx) and measurement and verification (M&V) services for commercial, educational and multifamily projects.
- Have deep experience with one or more of the following: Cx, measurement and verification, mechanical or plumbing design, investment-grade energy audits
- Skilled with project management, design review and construction administration tasks
- Focused on process and results rather than "points" or "labels"
- Passionate about technical excellence, sharing knowledge and challenging boundaries
- Excited by the idea of growing into a leadership role at a highly respected, entrepreneurially-minded firm with virtually unlimited opportunities to carve your future and that of the company
Why join Beyond Efficiency?
We empower clients to create enduring human-centered buildings.
Beyond Efficiency is a small, highly respected consulting firm headquartered in Berkeley, California and provides energy modeling, engineering and green building services for commercial, educational, multifamily and single-family residential projects throughout the western U.S.. Our broad client base includes local architecture firms, world-renowned universities, market-rate and affordable housing developers.
Beyond Efficiency offers an extremely relaxed and flexible work environment on the edge of Berkeley's 4th Street shopping district, liberal vacation policy paired with moderate billable hour requirements, competitive salaries, generous professional development allowances, 100% heath insurance coverage, commuter benefits and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching. Learn more about us and our approach to our work.